Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Playing around


I spent some time truly playing with some fun new supplies the other day.  I got some of the Luminarte Silks and Mica powders and Dylusions Stamps from SCACD.  This is an ATC I made.  It is very, VERY basic, but was fun.  It was actually kind of an afterthought.  Sometimes those are the best thoughts :)




I stamped an image from the Doodle Parts set. I then used some of the Silks and Luminarte Mica Powders that I had already mixed with glaze. I would share what colors, but I really don't have any idea, except for the mushrooms, which are Scarab Beetle.  I can already tell that Scarab Beetle is going to be one of my 'go to' colors.  I stamped with Staz-On ink and it didn't smear at all.  I was pretty haphazard in my painting, which seems to work better for me and I am happy with the end result.  I hope you can see all the shimmer and sheen.  I tried to get a decent photo of it for you.  This was FUN and I see a lot more playing with these products in my immediate future.

Get Inky!
Alex

1 comment:

Sandi McLean said...

Sweet little ATC! Love that had fun doing it, sometimes don't we forget about just having fun? It's great when the fun produces something we love!