Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kim's In Awe

I think this new release image named Kim's In Awe and drawn by Elisabeth Bell exclusively for SCACD is so adorable!  How many of you have ever had the chance to see a daughter, niece, neighbor, granddaughter, etc. in a similar position.  I love the after, when the butterfly has flown away, and they are just so excited by the experience.


We were provided with a sketch this week for TIOT and it really was a wonderful starting point.  I pulled out my Kaisercraft Seaside papers to work with.  I love the color themes in this pack. The photo doesn't show it well at all, but the butterfly is highlighted with sparkles by using my Viva Decor glitter liner in hologram.  I love the super fine tip on the liner that lets me work in small spaces like this butterfly.

The flowers on the middle strip are by Petaloo.  They actually started out white, but with the help of the same marker used to color portions of Kim's dress, they now match exactly!  How fabulous is that?  I love white flowers.

Be certain to swing by the SCACD Store Blog- Follow Your Heart sometime soon to see what the other members of this amazingly talented DT have created.  I promise it will inspire you.

Get Inky!
Alex

1 comment:

Danni said...

This is so pretty Alex!! Fabulous job!!