Saturday, January 01, 2011

Smeared and Smudged Book It Challenge

The Smeared and Smudged forum has several challenges available to participate in each month.  This month I got to create one of them!  I decided that the challenge would be to create a book.  Any kind of book, accordion fold, star, bound, ANYTHING!  The only rule is that it must have stamping included someplace.

For my book I decided to make one to hold all of my 'to do' items that never seem to make the daily to do list.  Things like when I tell someone I will send them the pack of rub ons I'll never use, or when I want to drop someone a note because I haven't talked to them in a while, or even when I need to make an appt. to have 'the girls' checked.  Those are the things that tend to slip through the cracks, but to me they are often the things that are most important.

Here is what I ended up with!

I used the Grumpie with the cape (because sometimes I think I am superwoman and can do it all) from the Creepy Li'l Grumpies set by Smeared Ink and the word stamps "suck it up" and "so excuses" from the original Li'l Grumpies set.  Purple is my favorite color so I used my purple inks.
I used some glimmer mists on the lace, but it didn't take quite like I had hoped so I also grabbed the stickles and added some to the flower parts of the lace.
It is filled with 4x6 index cards.  I couldn't find unlined so I put the lined ones in backwards because I prefer to write on unlined surfaces for things like this (so no, the picture is not upside down). It is bound with binder rings and I used cardboard for the cover.  I know it isn't fancy, but actually, that is what I like about it.  It is something I can USE and not worry about ruining it.

I also would love for you to check out the Li'l Book of Creepies made by Tori.  It is an accordion book and I loooooooooooooove it!

I hope you will join us for the challenge this month.  I am really looking forward to the variety of things people make and I know I will be creating more this month as well.




Get Inky!
Alex

No comments: