Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Is it Birthday season as well?

This is a post I did last year mid- November.   As a December baby (today isn't my actual birthday day though) I would like to take a moment and remind others of the dilemma.  Specifically #4.  I Probably should have made that #1.  As people with our birthdays at this time of year, we have enough to 'deal with' without your added griping.  Please stop.  It really gets old hearing how tough it is on YOU to have to buy for us.  So don't.  It won't be the first or last time our birthday was ignored, forgotten or overlooked.  That is pretty standard for us.  It is also preferable to hearing about how inconvenient our day is.


ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!

Right about now is when all the holiday hustle and bustle really starts. I would like to take just a moment to remind you that some people still have birthdays in the next couple of months. I also want to give you a couple of tips with regard to those birthdays.

1- Do not wrap the present in holiday paper. If you don't have anything else, please use the newspaper.
2- A combined gift is fine, if it was requested. If the recipient is under 12 years old, separate gifts are necessary for them not to feel slighted. The cost does not matter, trust me on this.
3- Telling them to pick one from under the tree to open early, NOT a good idea.
4- They did NOT ask to be born during this time of year, do not complain to them. Complain to the parents and if you ARE the parents, well.....

Keep in mind this is only a mini list and there are other items that may apply. I can, however, guarantee that if you keep these four in mind it will be appreciated!

10 comments:

Betty said...

GREAT post!!! This wife of a Dec baby appreciates it as well :)

Sanstrom Seven said...

My oldest daughter, a Dec 22 baby, agrees whole-heartedly! :)

Maigan Lynn said...

You know, I think this is fair! I'm a MAY baby and appreciate every year that I wasn't born in the snow or near the holidays. I mean, it might be fun sometimes but Christmas wrap? ....I love it but I'd start feeling like I just got rolled into the holidays too and was kinda overlooked when everyone else is celebrated!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX. It's not for another 5 days but I am getting a jump start on it! lol! (I will also wish you a happy birthday on your ACTUAL birthday as well!)
I think you're fantastic and deserve to be celebrated, as well as all the others with their birthdays so close to the holidays!

WickedPixie said...

First, Happy Birthday Alex!! My daughter's birthday is the 2oth and my Husbands is the 21st, so I am also thinking of birthdays this time of year. We make a special point to make her birthday special because my husband always had combined Christmas and birthdays (I will admit that his still doesn't get the recognition it deserves being squished between hers and Christmas.) :-)Traci

Alison said...

Love this! Happy early Birthday, Alex! As BOTH of my babies are born in December, I totally appreciate this list...and could probably add to it! And I will be sure to use extra protection in March from now on! ;}

Ashley Newell said...

I feel the SAME way! My birthday is New Year's Eve and people LOVE to tell me how inconvenient it is for them. Also, the Christmas wrap drives me up the freaking wall. I also don't like getting my birthday presents on Christmas. Can you just wait?!? My birthday isn't for another week!

Liz said...

My son was born on Christmas morn. What a joy! I've never forgotten his birthday or treated it like Christmas, and he's going to be 29.

DonnaMundinger said...

Don't blame you, hon. My DH's is New Year's Eve and his birthday was ignored all the time when he was growing up. I may overcompensate because of this but it's HIS BIRTHDAY and he deserves it! Happy Birthday, Alex! xxD

Anonymous said...

Great advice! My brother was born two days before Christmas and your observations (and plaguing problems) were spot on with his experiences. Hope your birthday is Happy AND your Christmas is Merry and that they are two distinct and memorable days! Paula

ldfdesign said...

i am not a dec baby, nor are any in my family, but i have also felt sorry for dec/early jan babies.