Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hearth and Home

There are some new images in the From The Vault section available at SCACD.  This is an area where some of the exclusive to SCACD images by artists are released in singles and there are new ones by THREE of the artists right NOW!  I was very fortunate and got to work with Guardian of Hearth and Home by Carmen Medlin.
As I am certain everyone has figured out by now, I loooooooooooooooooooooooove fairies.  This one is no exception.  I really adore the way she has the globe with a home in her hand like she is protecting it.  I decided to turn this image into a frosty winter fairy for Christmas.  Doesn't pink, blue and silver just scream Christmas to you?  Well, winter at least? The image is colored almost completely with Spica pens and the globe is covered with Diamond Glaze to really emphasize the look.  That center of the flower is one of the amazing Prima Flower flower centers.


Challenges:
Flutter By Wednesday #135 - open with fairy, butterfly or angel

Get Inky!
Alex

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am so with you on your love for fairies!!! And you always create such beautiful things with them! Amazing job! I LOVE her crystal ball!!!

Jen Shults said...

Love this Alex! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby this week!