Thursday, May 27, 2010

Always a bridesmaid....

When I saw the Burtonesque Dolls challenge was Wedding themed and that Tiddly Inks was Bling- I KNEW this is what was happening! All I could think of was those multitude of ugly bridesmaid dresses people talk about and inevitably there is at least one that is peach chiffon. Adding the stickles on the top layer of the dress gave a definite chiffon look to it. Her bouquet of thistles is just the finishing touch. Completely fun to create. The sketch is from Saturday Sketchers and was perfect!

Challenges:

The Burtonesque Dolls #4 - An Affair To Remember
Tiddly Inks #6 - Bring on the Bling
Sketch Saturday #104 - Sketch

11 comments:

Kim Ross said...

Love, love, LOVVVVEEEEE it! Beautiful colors and very pretty bling. :)

Daniella said...

SOOOO Pretty!! Your right, the stickles on top do look like chiffon!!! Very well done, as always!!

Fiona said...

this is a lovely card - i love the colours :)

Unknown said...

Lol I know what you mean about the dresses..and the glitter does add to that chiffon look!!

Great card and thansk for joining in over at Tiddly inks xx

Eulanda said...

LOL! Love your take on the chiffon dress. Hilarious and very cute card as well!! Thanks for joining us at TBD this week!
Hugs!

Jenn said...

She's GORGEOUS Alex!!!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I love it......I wouldn't want to wear chiffon, but I love how this looks. :)

Alison said...

Love this! I love that you used Stickles all over the dress!

Larissa said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Nancy said...

I just love the freshness of this card...not to mention that digi is just AWESOM!!! Thanks for joining us at TBD!!!!!

Lissa said...

Alex, I just love this!!! Glad you were finally able to join us for a challenge...
HUGS!!!