Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After

Thanksgiving it what I have been looking forward to. My plan has been to listen to Christmas music and start on my Christmas cookies. Each year I make a bunch. I don't eat a bunch, but do love making them. We make up cookie tins and plates to give to people for the holidays. Neighbors, co-workers, our mailman, etc. I start now and freeze them until we are ready to get them all put together.
Once again this year I am reminded that although the day is relaxing and enjoyable, it isn't quite like I imagine.
No music because my sister is asleep on the couch. The boys only want to 'taste test' rather than help (which is really fine with me because I enjoy baking and find it very soothing). I have down time waiting for dough to chill and I need to go to the store for more eggs.

That said, it is still a great day and MUCH better than going out in shopping in the chaotic mess I imagine there to be.

No comments: