Monday, December 10, 2007

Joys of Christmas

One of my very favorite things about Christmas is all the baking I get to do. A few years ago I began baking several different kinds of cookies and packaging them up in tins to give to friends and neighbors. It has now become somewhat of a tradition in our house. One that I LOVE.
There are times when I want to just enjoy the process of baking, by myself. This rarely happens. My youngest loves to bake as much as I do so always wants to help. I have given up on trying to sneak it in and am learning to enjoy sharing the process. He is old enough now that he can help read the recipe and hold the mixer in addition to dumping items in.
Last night both boys helped me make gingerbread cookies. It isn't necessarily the fastest to have them cut the cookies out, but it certainly created memories. That really is what it is all about. :)

No comments: