Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spring Break = Spring Cleaning

I have never been one for much of the whole "Spring Cleaning" thing. Honestly, I have never been much into the cleaning thing at any level, LOL. Seriously though, I have gotten into it a bit this year. Since returning to work I have been feeling like my house is coming down around me and that I just can't keep it the way I like so I decided to take advantage of some of the time I have at home with the boys during Spring Break. In addition to the regular stuff I have managed to do the following so far this week:
clean the oven, wash the fronts of the kitchen cabinets, entirely empty out, sort and replace all the items in my clothes closet.
Now, I know this doesn't really sound like much, but these are projects that just don't get done as part of the day to day. I am most happy with the closet. I tried a new to me technique that was discussed as part of the HGTV Spring Organize/Clean segment. It talks about not being a clotheshorse and gives ideas. Give it a read, some great ideas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!

One of my favorite motivators is a book called Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui.

It's probably time for me to drag the book out again, get rid of the "fat" clothes, donate a ton of stuff to the ARC and get my life on track again!